Monday, January 25, 2016

One Door Closes, Another Opens

I heard back from Samhain Publications regarding my submission of Consequences this morning, and unfortunately it was a "no". Honestly, I somewhat expected that, so while it's still disappointing and - no sense lying about it - hurts a good deal, it wasn't really a shock when I read the email.

I could go into a rant over why I think it was ultimately rejected and how "if things were different..." and all that, but what would be the point? Things happen like they're supposed to, and to rant and rave otherwise would be unprofessional. So I won't.

What I will do is what I've already done. I've contacted someone who is willing to work with me on cover art for a really low (read as: nearly nonexistent) budget. I'll also be seeking out someone to do editorial services for me on the same budget. Then, we'll go the self-publishing route. Easy as pie.

Obviously this is still early in the process, so I don't have anything resembling a release date yet. I am shooting for sometime around the end of March or April, but that could change. Also, I am waiting to hear back from Sinister Grin about The Journal of Jeremy Todd, so depending on how that goes my timelines might change anyway.

It's not the news I wanted, but it's not the end of the world. Just have to head down a different road. It's all a part of the process.

So today, I'll mope a bit. Tomorrow is another day, and there's a lot of work to do.

More as it develops!

EDIT:

So a lot can happen in a day....

Since making that post this afternoon, I have managed to get both a cover artist, editor, and eBook formatting lined up for Consequences, all in trade for experience, exposure, and just to be helpful. I also had a Facebook chat with someone tonight that made my day more than they may ever really know, and helped me realize I'm on the right path, it's just going to take some time.

Now if only I'd known when I made this post originally how apt the title would turn out to be....

No comments:

Post a Comment