Saturday, April 30, 2016

Another One Down / Number Nine is Done!

And amidst the hoopla for releasing Consequences, I managed to finish the book that wouldn't freakin' end.

The Study, @87,500 words; first draft is finally done.

Two weeks in a tropical paradise, all as part of a sociological study, with a payout of $5,000 at the end. For ten participants, it seemed like the perfect way to earn some money and have a nice vacation at the same time. But anything that seems too good to be true probably is, and this study's organizers have something considerably more sinister in mind. The rules keep changing, the exercises the participants are forced to endure more and more bizarre, until everything falls apart and they find themselves in an impossible situation with no escape and nothing less than their very lives on the line. Five grand seems like pennies when your only desire is to survive....

As an aside, this is the first time I've done a book with a meta-plot. I have a loose idea in mind of how it can connect to other things, and possibly be part of a larger world. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it goes, but at least this story's finished.
I'll update the Bookshelf page sometime in the next few days, and get this one printed out and presented to the wife so I can call it officially done. And after that, on to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment