Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Consequences Update #5

And a long breath of relief.

Consequences has just finished its third draft. The story is pretty much the best I think I can get it now. I'll be running a final spell-check and making sure the grammar is correct as I format it for submission, which should be done tomorrow. Then, I wait.

I'll keep working on other things, of course, but by the time an answer finally comes, I think I'll be pretty close to insane wondering what's happening with it. Keep busy to stay distracted, right?

I will, of course keep everyone posted on the results, either way. Hopefully it will be out there for you all to read soon, one way or the other.

Here's the final stats:

@82,000 words (my target was 80k - 85k, so perfect there), thirty-two chapters plus a prologue and epilogue, 266 pages (in MS Word Document format at least). Total time, start to finish, just over two months. Not bad at all, eh?

Keep watching for more updates. Justicar is still underway, and I'll be starting the edits on the first draft of Demon at the Window soon, so don't expect me to be sitting on my hands.

Wish me luck!

EDIT: Or, I just won't bother waiting. Consequences has been officially submitted for consideration at Samhain Publications. Up to 16 weeks for a response, according to the auto-reply that said they received the submission. Like I said before, wish me luck, and I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment