Monday, May 30, 2016

Something Different

I love short stories, but for some reason, I've never been able to write them. It was as though the ideas and concepts that I came up with were too broad in scope, and didn't lend themselves to shorter works. For years, I tried without success to write something small that still made an impact, with little success.

Until now.

For some reason, this month that all changed. Along with working on my current novel, I've managed to hammer out some short stories as well. You won't see those on the progress meter, since they come and go so fast (by their very nature, I suppose), but I have updated the Bookshelf page to add the short fiction I've managed to finish.

Do I have enough to consider a collection? Hardly, nor would I right out of the gate. But there are anthologies looking for submissions all the time, and now I can finally start looking at those in addition to the longer stuff I'm doing.

So if you're curious, feel free to check it out. And if anything happens with any of them, I'll be sure to let you know. I'm just happy I seem to have overcome that particular block so I can have a broader range of outlets for the sometimes nutty ideas that come to mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment