Sunday, July 26, 2015

Let's Try This Again...

This is not the first time I've tried this. I've had a website, which I updated regularly for a while, then slacked off a bit, then stopped altogether. The domain even got a "parking" page in place of what was there. That's how little I did with it.

Then I tried switching it to a blog-based system. Same results.

Facebook blogs: same results.

Seeing a pattern here?

I'm going to try this one more time. Since I am now working on a project with an end result of publication, whether through a publisher or done myself on Kindle and CreateSpace, I figure it's time to get back into the whole web presence thing. After all, I can't sell anything if I don't publicize it, right? And let's face facts. While I don't expect to hit any bestseller lists or even be able to quit my day job any time soon, if I'm going to publish something, I am trying to make a little money off of it. Even if it just covers the expenses for the next project, I'll be happy.

Don't get me wrong. I write because it's what I enjoy. I love telling stories, and you kind of need an audience for that. If I didn't want to make money, I'd just post everything online for free, or print off copies as people asked for them with no regard for formatting or cover art or any of that. You never know till you try, right?

So what's going to be on this blog? Occasionally I expect to put some random thoughts here. I'll also keep anyone reading updating on the progress of whatever it is I'm writing at the time, or the process of getting it published if it's complete. Once it's available, I'll be advertising it to sell on here, with links to where it can be bought as an eBook or ordered as a print copy, if it has one.

Will I be faithful enough to update this on anything resembling a regular basis? No idea. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.